2013 & 2014 Seasons
Schaffer’s Mill wants to facilitate a safe and welcoming environment for Members interested in hosting guests at the club. Please use these guidelines as a reference for guest use of the amenities at the Mill.
Who is a Guest? — All memberships include the member, spouse, and children ages 25 & younger. All other friends, family and colleagues hosted at the club are considered to be guests.
Golf Guest Access — Golf guest access is determined by the type of membership held by the Member. These privileges are defined specifically in the membership plan and the annual Guest Fees published by the Sports Shop, but in brief the privileges are as follows:
- Ambassador, Proprietary, Associate and Invitational Members: May host accompanied and unaccompanied guests at the preferred rates as defined per membership type.
- Social & Sport (Homestead) Members: Guests may currently access the golf course at the times and rates defined for non-Member play. As the club evolves to a more fully-private model, this access will change accordingly.
Club Guest Guidelines — To allow guests to enjoy the amenities at Schaffer’s Mill, the club has created the following parameters for use:
- In non-peak times, accompanied guests are able to enjoy the amenities at the club if they are accompanied by the hosting member. So long as guest usage is considered reasonable by the club, this access will be considered part of the privileges provided within the membership. We do ask that members be respectful of other members and not over-use the guest privileges provided.
- In non-peak times, unaccompanied guests may be arranged with the club in advance of a visit. The fee for a day or week use will be established by the club, and will be the responsibility of the hosting member. The fees once the North Village is completed are expected to be $35/day, $150/week, and $325/month per family (family includes guest, spouse, and children 25 & younger).
- In peak times, accompanied guests may be required to pay a day guest fee for use of the athletic club, pool and courts. These peak times are expected to be holiday weekends, but this will be evaluated based on compaction that may occur. Again, guests must be accompanied by the hosting member. The fees once the North Village is completed are expected to be $25/day per family (family includes guest, spouse, and children 25 & younger). The fees for Base Camp are defined in the Base Camp guidelines.
- In peak times, unaccompanied guest privileges will need to be requested in advance from the club. So long as the number of requested guests does not exceed what can be reasonably hosted at the club, access will be available. The fee for day or week use will be established by the club, and will be the responsibility of the hosting member. The fees once the North Village is completed are expected to be $35/day per family (family includes guest, spouse, and children 25 & younger). The fees for Base Camp are defined in the Base Camp guidelines.
2013 & 2014 Peak Times
North Village peak times from 11AM-5PM on the following days:
- Memorial Day weekend
- Independence Day weekend
- Labor Day weekend
Peak times may be adjusted at the discretion of the club.
At Base Camp, the peak times are expected to be:
- Thanksgiving weekend
- Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- Ski Week Break
- Bay Area Spring Break weeks
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the process work?
When hosting guests at the club, simply check in with Member Services upon arrival and your guests will be registered with the club. Each guest will be issued the appropriate guest pass based on the length of the visit. When sending unaccompanied guests to the club, we request that all members inform the club via email@example.com at least one week prior to the arrival of the guests. The guests’ contact information and dates of stay should be included with the email and the Member Services team will follow up accordingly.
What areas require a guest pass at the Club?
Use of the pool, athletic club, or courts (future) requires a guest pass. Simply relaxing at the Club, dining, or golf does not require a guest pass.
What are the responsibilities of the Guest?
Upon arrival, guests are expected to complete the simple Guest Registration Form. Guests are also asked to keep their guest pass with them when visiting the Club. When at the facility, guests are expected to follow the rules & regulations of the Club. Only guests 16 & older will be issued a guest pass, since children 15 & younger must always be accompanied at the Club (by either the Member or guest pass holder).
If I bring a guest for golf are there additional fees for use of the locker room, fitness area, etc.?
No. If your guest is simply using the locker room, they need to do nothing additional. If they would like to work out or use the pool before or after golf, simply let the Sports Shop team know upon check-in and a guest pass will be issued.
What do I do if I’d like to book an event or party?
Special events or group parties may be arranged in advance through the Member Services team. In these cases, the standard guest fees may be adjusted or waived based on the specific needs and requests of the group. Please contact our Member Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
What about multiple-owner homes?
There are options available to multiple owners of the same home. Questions regarding multiple ownership of a home should be directed to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: The club reserves the right to adjust the guest policies as necessary to protect the membership experience.