Schaffer’s Mill Golf & Lake Club will break ground on a 7.4-acre Clubhouse Village with an all-day celebration and evening groundbreaking ceremony on Saturday, May 26th.
WHEN: Saturday, May 26th
9am – 4pm: Walking tours of the site, amenities and model homes. Plus kids activities, games and contests, lunch and much more.
5pm – 9pm: Cocktail Party, Dinner, Groundbreaking Ceremony and Live Music
WHERE: Schaffer’s Mill Community
9045 Heartwood Drive
The Clubhouse Village will be located in the center of the Schaffer’s Mill community, and will feature a collection of buildings, water features, play areas and a community gathering spot, known as Schaffer’s Square, all designed to bring families together with nature and celebrate Truckee’s four seasons. Within the Clubhouse Village, Schaffer’s Mill Members and Guests will enjoy the following:
- Schaffer’s Square – The central gathering place for families and the Schaffer’s Mill community. Holiday celebrations in the summer, kids’ play dates, concerts under the stars and movie nights are just a few of the reasons to join together as a community. Schaffer’s Square will be where it all happens.
- Sports Shop – The starting point for any Schaffer’s Mill adventure. Golf, ski, hiking, biking, fishing or any mountain activity you can think of.
- The Market – The Market will feature a menu of items prepared fresh daily with only the finest ingredients available. Stop in for a tasty sandwich, salad, cup of soup, muffin, coffee, delicious cookie or grab a bottle of wine to share with friends on the patio.
- The Millworks – The works for your workout. Functional fitness, strength training and cardio to keep you moving. Or you can join others in classes for yoga, Pilates and flexibility.
- Family Pool – Swim, play, cool off or just relax as the kids splash around in the kids play area. You’ll swear you’re at a resort.
- Peg’s at Poolside – Named after George Schaffer’s wife, Margaret, Peg’s at Poolside will be the perfect place to enjoy favorite poolside cocktails and eats while taking in the beauty of the great outdoors. Featuring sandwiches, chilled salads, soft drinks, cocktails and frozen drinks.
- Schaffer’s Hot Springs – Enjoy a cocktail while the soothing jets and warm waters refresh your body. From this adult spa hidden in the rocks, the kids in the pool are simply a quiet refrain.
- The Horn Bar – Perfect for whatever you’re craving. Quench your thirst, whet your appetite or share a laugh. If you’re looking for stuffy and pretentious, keep walking, cause this won’t be your place. Inside or on the patio, it’s a cool place to hang, swap stories and enjoy the good life.
- 1867 Restaurant – A significant year in the history of Truckee as George Schaffer lead the first locomotive over Donner Summit connecting the timber-filled mountains with the Bay Area. 1867 Restaurant will be a culinary connection, combining the finest local ingredients with the best from the Bay Area. Indoor seating for elegant dinners, outdoor seating for those beautiful summer nights.
- Li’l Mill Play Area – A perfect spot for the young ones to spend the afternoon playing in the field or on the sports court.
Schaffer’s Mill, a 475-acre, 400-homesite gated community and private golf club located just east of Truckee was formerly known as Timilick Tahoe. Named after the “Father of Truckee,” George Schaffer, Schaffer’s Mill pays homage to Mr. Schaffer, his ideals and vision. New Martis Partners acquired the exceptional but beleaguered property in January 2011 and immediately set about to rebrand and reposition the community.