Schaffer’s Mill celebrated the groundbreaking for their new 7.4-acre Clubhouse Village with a Saturday evening (May 26th) party and wrapped up the holiday weekend with record home and homesite sales. Over the three-day Memorial Day weekend a total of 12 homesites and four Mountain Lodges were sold, totaling more than $6.9 million in real estate sales.
“Our team has been working hard to build a vibrant community and Club here at Schaffer’s Mill,” said John Marlin, Managing Partner for Schaffer’s Mill. “The Clubhouse Village groundbreaking is another step toward making this the finest private community and Club in the High Sierra. It’s evident by our record real estate sales that our investments in Schaffer’s Mill have inspired great confidence, excitement and eagerness.”
The addition of the Clubhouse Village will add to an already impressive list of current Club amenities, including:
- — A 48′ Sunseeker Yacht. Named No Brainer, the yacht is moored just minutes away from Schaffer’s Mill, and with one simple call to our Club Concierge, Members can be enjoying the crystal blue waters of Lake Tahoe.
- — A full-time Member Services Team ready to help Members with everything from grocery pickup to yacht use and shuttle pickup.
- — Private Lake Club at Jake’s on the Lake. Located on the waterfront in the heart of Tahoe City, Jake’s boasts sweeping views of Lake Tahoe’s crystalline water and stunning mountain vistas.
- — An award-winning John Harbottle and Johnny Miller-designed golf course.
- — A Club Shuttle service with complimentary drop-off and pickup at area ski resorts.
The Clubhouse Village is located in the center of the Schaffer’s Mill community, and will feature a collection of buildings, water features, play areas and a community gathering spot, known as Schaffer’s Square, all designed to bring families together with nature and celebrate Truckee’s four seasons. The North Village is estimated to be completed by summer 2013 and will include: The Sport’s Shop, The Market restaurant and cafe, Locker rooms, Millworks (workout facility), The Family Pool, Peg’s Poolside restaurant, Schaffer’s Hot Springs and Schaffer’s Square.
About Schaffer’s Mill
Schaffer’s Mill was named after the “Father of Truckee,” George Schaffer. Schaffer’s Mill pays homage to Mr. Schaffer, his ideals and vision. New Martis Partners acquired the exceptional, but beleaguered property in January 2011 and immediately set about to rebrand and reposition the community.
Open since 2008, the Schaffer’s Mill Golf Course (formerly known as Timilick) was recognized as the “#1 Best New Private Course in California” by GolfWeek magazine in 2008. The Miller and Harbottle design weaves its way through the towering pines as if painted with an artist’s brush, with two distinctly memorable nine-hole experiences. The Meadow nine ambles through firs, spruce and Ponderosas at the base of a ridge, while the Mountain nine showcases elevation changes of up to 400 feet, with magnificent 360° views of the Martis Valley, Lookout Mountain and the Carson Range. The par 71 course plays to over 7,000 yards and is considered by many as the finest golf course in the Tahoe and Truckee area.
For more information on the new Schaffer’s Mill Club and community, visit www.schaffersmill.com.